Religious Truths

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/25/2019 7:38 am  #2211

Re: Scripture of the Day

COMBINATION OF [1] THE SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY AND [2]   SOME START OUT WITH A TRUE STATEMENT TO MISLEAD, BUT THEN TELL UNTRUTHS .    With the Scripture of the Day first.

[1]  SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY [36B]

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.  Revelation 3:19

As Jesus (Yeshua) said, at times all of us need discipline and to repent for our wrong doings.  In fact, the Bible shows that parents should discipline their children at Proverbs 23:13 – 15, [AV] “Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.  14  Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.  15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine.”  Of course this does not include harsh punishment, but reasonable discipline to the one receiving it to change his ways.  Jesus (Yeshua) did not give up on his disciples when they were in error as shown at Mark 9:34 – 37, [AV] “But they held their peace: for by the way they had disputed among themselves, who should be the greatest.  35  And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.  36  And he took a child, and set him in the midst of them: and when he had taken him in his arms, he said unto them,  37  Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.”  Notice, Jesus (Yeshua) disciplined them in a kind and gentle manner setting an example for all of us.   

[2]  Some Start Out With A True Statement To Mislead, but then tell untruths.

INTRODUCTION;

Many individuals, false teachers, start out with a true statement to give the reader the false impression that all that follows will be equally true.   This is a deceptive trick of the workers of iniquity.   Let's look at an example statement, Having similar attributes is not the same as equality. "Equality means one is comprehensively and exhaustively equal in every aspect, bar none! It means one may not be superior in any form, manner, or fashion, whatsoever, or to any degree. " 

This is of course basically correct.   Then, however false teachers divert from fact and state, things such as, "Did Jesus say the Father was greater than the Son? Yes, he did. Why did he say this? The answer is there for us in Philippians 2. He took the FORM of a SERVANT. As a man, Jesus was limited to self-imposed physical and temporal constraints. As the Father, He was not limited by any constraints. Why do people find it so easy to believe God can be Omnipresent yet unwilling to accept that Omnipresence includes the ability to exist in more than one form? I will not attempt to put that label of limitation on God."   Now this sounds reasonable on the surface, but is a gross misrepresentation of  Philippians 2:5-7 which shows this to be false.  Now, let's look at the scripture Philippians 2:5-7 in detail and gain an accurate understanding, " Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.' (Revised Standard Version; RSV).   As can be seen, it is a rather short group of three scriptures.   So let's view it in context:

Philippians 2:1-11, "So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any incentive of love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, 2 complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. 3 Do nothing from selfishness or conceit, but in humility count others better than yourselves. 4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. 5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross. 9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (RSV).

VERSE 5 - an explanation::

Likewise some do not understand verse 5 "Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus" .   Yet the understanding of this verse really is quite simple as here the Apostle Paul points to Christ as the example of humility and consecration to the good of others.   On this the great Bible scholar, John Gill, says, "Let this mind be in you...
The Arabic version renders it, "let that humility be perceived in you". The apostle proposes Christ as the great pattern and exemplar of humility; and instances in his assumption of human nature, and in his subjection to all that meanness, and death itself, even the death of the cross in it; and which he mentions with this view, to engage the saints to lowliness of mind, in imitation of him; to show forth the same temper and disposition of mind in their practice,

which also was in Christ Jesus; or as the Syriac version, "think ye the same thing as Jesus Christ"; let the same condescending spirit and humble deportment appear in you as in him. This mind, affection, and conduct of Christ, may refer both to his early affection to his people, the love he bore to them from everlasting, the resolution and determination of his mind in consequence of it; and his agreement with his Father to take upon him their nature in the fulness of time, and to do his will, by obeying, suffering, and dying in their room and stead; and also the open exhibition and execution of all this in time, when he appeared in human nature, poor, mean, and abject; condescending to the lowest offices, and behaving in the most meek and humble manner, throughout the whole of his life, to the moment of his death.[source - The New John Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible Modernised]

Another great Bible Scholar, Theodore.Beza, said, " He sets before them a most perfect example of all modesty and sweet conduct, Christ Jesus, whom we ought to follow with all our might: who abased himself so much for our sakes, although he is above all, that he took upon himself the form of a servant, that is, our flesh, willingly subject to all weaknesses, even to the death of the cross. [source - Beza, Theodore. "Commentary on Philippians 2". "The 1599 Geneva Study Bible". 1600-1645]

Yet another, A. R. Fausset, AM, Said, "The oldest manuscripts read, "Have this mind in you," &c. He does not put forward himself Philippians 1:24) as an example, but Christ, THE ONE pre-eminently who sought not His own, but "humbled Himself" (Philippians 2:8), first in taking on Him our nature, secondly, in humbling Himself further in that nature (Romans 15:3)." [source - Fausset, A. R., A.M. "Commentary on Philippians 2". "Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible".  1871].

VERSE 6 - an exlpanation:

Likewise some do not understand verse 6 "who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,"  but  let's look at several different major translations rendering of this and then an explanation.

Philippians 2:6   who, although He existed in the from of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped.  (New American Standard Bible [Reference Edition by Moody Press, Chicago; NASB-MP)

Philippians 2:6  who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,  (New American Standard Bible [The Lockman Foundation, version]: NASB-TLF)

Philippians 2:6   Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
(Authorized King James; AV)

Philippians 2:6   who, although he existed in God's form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.  (New World Translation; NWT)

Philippians 2:6   who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be exploited,  (Revised Standard Version; RSV)

Philippians 2:6   who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God as something to be used for His own advantage.  (The Holoman Christian Standard Bible)

Philippians 2:6   who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped,   (American Standard Bible; ASB)

Interesting scripture in that it is translated many ways, but to understand it, we need to look at it in context.   Let's look at what follows in the Authorized King James Bible, (AV) Philippians 2:7-11, "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion  as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."  (AV).  Here we see that he was an obedient Son to his Father (YHWH).   He also, "and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death," and for being obedient, His Father (YHWH) has, "highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name."   But the real key is "and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Clearly Philippians 2:11 shows that God (YHWH) was very proud of his Son, Jesus (Yeshua), and counted praise given to his Son, Jesus (Yeshua), as glory being given to him.   Rightly so, since he, Jesus (Yeshua) was his only begotten, as shown at Colossians 1:15, "For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;"   He, God (YHWH) created him in his image in that he gave him some of his power and his attributes.   This was also testified to at Revelations 3:14, "And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;" which shows him as the first of God's (YHWH's) creation.  In fact, when Jesus (Yeshua) was ascending to be with his Father in heaven, he prayed, as recorded in John 17:5, "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was." (AV).   Showing he was returning to where he had been before with his Father (YHWH), see John 6:62, "What then if you should behold the Son of Man ascending where He was before?" (NASB-MP).  Once returned to heaven, God's (YHWH's) Son, Jesus (Yeshua) is, 1 Peter 3:22,  "Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him" (AV)..

As we note in this scripture, his Father (YHWH) has given him authority and power over everything including the angels; but, Colossians 1:16-19, "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;" (AV), and the Bible reaffirms the Father (YHWH) was pleased to let "in him should all fullness dwell."   In 1 Corinthians 15:22-28, "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all." (AV), testifies that God (YHWH) had given his Son, Jesus (Yeshua) over all except himself when the scripture says "it is manifest that he is excepted."   Thus these scriptures clearly show that Jesus (Yeshua) and his Father (YHWH) are two separate beings; one having always existed and having created the other as his only begotten Son.

Of this scripture, Philippians 2:6, "The Wycliffe Bible Commentary," says, 'Being in the form of God (AV).  Better, through in his pre-incarnate state he possessed the essential qualities of God, he did not consider his status of divine equality a prize to be selfishly hoarded (taking harpagnos passively).  'Morphe', form, in verse 6 and 7 denotes a permanent expression of essential attributes; while 'schema', fashion, refers to outward appearance that is subject to change."  ["The Wycliffe Bible Commentary," edited by Charles F. Pfeiffer (OT) and Everett F. Harrison (NT), published by Moody Press, a div. Of Moody Bible Institute of Chicago].

Thus we can see Jesus (Yeshua) was a separate individual from his Father (YHWH), but was completely loyal and obedient to him.   He, Jesus (Yeshua) stated at John 14:28, "Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." (AV); Clearly if Jesus (Yeshua) said " for my Father is greater than I" we should believe him.   He further reaffirmed this at John 5:19, "Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (AV).   And the scripture continues on, John 5:20, "For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel." (AV), so much so as to show him, Jesus (Yeshua) greater works.

Also, another Bible scholar, Barton W. Johnson, said, "Who, being in the form of God. He refers to the state of our Savior before he took human form. His form was divine. "He had a glory with the father before the world was." See John 1:1; 2 Cor. 4:4; Heb. 1:3, etc. Thought it not robbery to be equal with God. The Revision says, "Counted it not a prize." The meaning is not entirely clear, but probably is that "Having a form of glory like God, he did not count it a prize which must be clung to tenaciously, especially when he appeared upon the earth, that he should be equal with God, that is, appear in a divine form, but was willing to lay aside his glory and make himself a servant." [source - Johnson, Barton W. "Commentary on Philippians 2". "People's New Testament". 1891].

VERSE 7 - AN EXPLANATION:

Seems clear enough, but look at verse 7 "7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men" which many do NOT understand that all this verse refers to is that Jesus (Yeshua) Christ gave up his heavenly forum and permitted his Father, God (YHWH) to put his life force into a virgin women on earth as recorded at Matthew 1:18-25, "Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child of the Holy Spirit; 19 and her husband Joseph, being a just man and unwilling to put her to shame, resolved to divorce her quietly. 20 But as he considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit; 21 she will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins." 22 All this took place to fulfil what the Lord had spoken by the prophet: 23 "Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and his name shall be called Emmanuel" (which means, God with us). 24 When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him; he took his wife, 25 but knew her not until she had borne a son; and he called his name Jesus." (RSV).   Strangely this fact from the Bible was even copied by Muhammad into the Quran, Sura 3:47, "She said, "My Lord, how can I have a son, when no man has touched me?" He said, "GOD thus creates whatever He wills. To have anything done, He simply says to it, `Be,' and it is." (the Quran).

Another Bible Scholar, Theodore Beza, said, "(g) He brought himself from all things, as it were to nothing.
(h) By taking our manhood upon him.' [source - Beza, Theodore. "Commentary on Philippians 2". "The 1599 Geneva Study Bible". 1600-1645]

Yet another, Barton W. Johnson, said, "Emptied himself. Of the divine form and glory, and took the form of a servant, of our own race, a race whose duty it is to serve God. The divine glory was exchanged for human lowliness." [source - Johnson, Barton W. "Commentary on Philippians 2". "People's New Testament". 1891].

TECHNICAL ANALYSIS OF PHILIPPIANS 2:5-7:

Here is a technical analysis of Philippians 2:5-7 from Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament.

Verse 5
Have this mind in you (touto proneite en umin). "Keep on thinking this in you which was also in Christ Jesus" (o kai en Cristwi Ihsou). What is that? Humility. Paul presents Jesus as the supreme example of humility. He urges humility on the Philippians as the only way to secure unity.

Verse 6
Being (uparcwn). Rather, "existing," present active participle of uparcw. In the form of God (en morph qeou). Morph means the essential attributes as shown in the form. In his preincarnate state Christ possessed the attributes of God and so appeared to those in heaven who saw him. Here is a clear statement by Paul of the deity of Christ. A prize (arpagmon). Predicate accusative with hghsato. Originally words in -moß signified the act, not the result (-ma). The few examples of arpagmoß (Plutarch, etc.) allow it to be understood as equivalent to arpagma, like baptismoß and baptisma. That is to say Paul means a prize to be held on to rather than something to be won ("robbery"). To be on an equality with God (to einai isa qeoi). Accusative articular infinitive object of hghsato, "the being equal with God" (associative instrumental case qewi after isa). Isa is adverbial use of neuter plural with einai as in Revelation 21:16. Emptied himself (eauton ekenwse). First aorist active indicative of kenow, old verb from kenoß, empty. Of what did Christ empty himself? Not of his divine nature. That was impossible. He continued to be the Son of God. There has arisen a great controversy on this word, a Kenosiß doctrine. Undoubtedly Christ gave up his environment of glory. He took upon himself limitations of place (space) and of knowledge and of power, though still on earth retaining more of these than any mere man. It is here that men should show restraint and modesty, though it is hard to believe that Jesus limited himself by error of knowledge and certainly not by error of conduct. He was without sin, though tempted as we are. "He stripped himself of the insignia of majesty" (Lightfoot).

Verse 7
The form of a servant (morphn doulou). He took the characteristic attributes (morphn as in verse Revelation 6) of a slave. His humanity was as real as his deity. In the likeness of men (en omoiwmati anqrwpwn). It was a likeness, but a real likeness (Kennedy), no mere phantom humanity as the Docetic Gnostics held. Note the difference in tense between uparcwn (eternal existence in the morph of God) and genomenoß (second aorist middle participle of ginomai, becoming, definite entrance in time upon his humanity).[source - Home > Commentaries > Robertson's Word Pictures > Philippians >
Chapter 2 > Verse 7 [source - Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament, Broadman Press 1932,33]

CONCLUSION:

In the above discourse we have dealt with the fact that the Son of God (YHWH), Jesus (Yeshua) Christ having shown his humility and obedience to his Father, Almighty God (YHWH) - Creator of all that exist.   Thou Jesus (Yeshua) Christ existed in the form of God (YHWH) - was the first created spirit being by his Father (YHWH), i.e., the beloved only begotten Son , he willfully submitted to his Father's (YHWH's) will and did NOT try and usurp his Father's (YHWH's) position as did another spirit son of God (YHWH), namely the covering Cherub, Satan, who became the Devil.   This obedient beloved only begotten Son of God - the first of creation per Colossians 1:15, "He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation;" (RSV), as pointed out previously, humbly permitted - or emptied - himself to his Father's (YHWH's) will and willfully let his Father (YHWH) put his life force into the womb of a virgin human woman, Mary to be born as a human being.   A fact acknowledged in both the Bible and in the Quran.   Yet some misguided ones seek to give all kinds of twist to Philippians 2:5-7 and turn it in to a mystery to support human myths, legends, and agendas in keeping with what the Bible denounces at 2 Corinthians 4:4, "In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the likeness of God." (RSV). 

LEARN MORE ABOUT THE BIBLE AND RELIGION – BOTH TRUE AND FALSE – AT  WWW.JW.ORG

7/28/2019 4:50 pm  #2212

COMBINATION OF [1] THE SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY AND [2] UNITY AMONG JESUS' (YESHUA'S) TRUE FOLLOWERS.   With the Scripture of the Day first.

[1] SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY – [37B]

O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.  24  O LORD, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing.  Jeremiah 10:23 – 24,  [authorized King James Bible; AV]

To enjoy peace and harmony we MUST recognize Almighty God’s (YHWH’s) authority.  As Psalms 90:17, [AV], “And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.”   

[2]  Unity Among Jesus' (Yeshua's) True Followers

INTRODUCTION:

Jesus (yeshua) said to his true footstep followers at Matthew 23:8, "As for you, do not be called 'Rabbi."    You have but one teacher, and you are all brothers." (The New American Bible; NAB), and at John 13:35, "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." (Authorized King James Bible; AV).

EARLY CHRISTIANS HAD UNITY:

Despite their imperfections, early Christians had a sense of oneness among themselves which could be likened to the oneness between marriage mates per Genesis 2:24, "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." (AV).   This unity of purpose that existed among early Christians was brought out by the apostle Paul at Galatians 3:28, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." (AV), showing all would be one in Jesus (Yeshua) Christ.

UNITY OF JESUS AND HIS FATHER:

Unity of purpose was shown by Jesus (Yeshua) and his Father, God (YHWH) at John 10:30, "I and my Father are one." (AV).    Some may claim this is one in being, but this 'one' is one in purpose and this is made clear at John 17:9-11, " I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. 10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.   11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are." (AV).   Which not only shows Jesus (Yeshua) and his Father (YHWH) as being one in prupose, but also, all the true Christian followers of his Son (Yeshua).   This fact is further emphasized at John 10:29, Jesus (Yeshua) clearly showed they were two separate individuals, "  My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. "(AV).  Clearly here was a giver, the Father (YHWH) whom Jesus (Yeshua) publically declared was "greater than all" which statement would include being greater than himself, Jesus (Yeshua).  Also, there was a receiver, a distinct individual, "has given them to Me."

PRESENT SITUATION:

So called Christianity today is divided among racial, political, and national lines and lacks unity.  In fact, there are now over 22,000 so called Christian religions each teaching something different.  In fact, as an example take the so called Orthodox Church which is divided into many national religions or the Methodist Church that is divided because of political and racial differences, i.e., the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) and the United Methodist Church that differ on race, etc.

This is NOT what Jesus (Yeshua) intended for his followers so obviously these groups can

NOT be his true followers, but only followers in name, but NOT in fact.

UNITY IN WORSHIP OF THE ONE TRUE GOD (YHWH):

Unity in worship to Almighty God (YHWH) who sits on the throne of power in heaven is shown as necessary for all at Revelation 5:13, " My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." (AV), and Revelation 15:3-4, "And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.  4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest." (AV) this song of the Lamb, Jesus (Yeshua) shows all should worship his Father, God (YHWH), which clearly shows all should "come and worship before thee [Almighty God (YHWH)]"

CONCLUSION:

This unity of Jesus' (Yeshua's) true footstep followers is shown by the illustration of unity and diversity in one body at 1 Corinthians 12:12-31, "For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, F43 whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many. 15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? 18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him. 19 And if they were all one member, where were the body? 20 But now are they many members, yet but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. 22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: 23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow F44 more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness. 24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked: 25 That there should be no schism F45 in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. 26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.   27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. 28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities F46 of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? 30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? 31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way" (AV).    This unity of purpose and belief can be likened to a married couple becoming one in purpose per Matthew 19:6, "Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." (AV)..

TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE BIBLE AND RELIGION – BOTH TRUE AND FALSE – AT  WWW.JW.ORG

8/17/2019 1:44 pm  #2213

COMBINATION OF [1]  THE SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY AND [2]  WHAT DOES "BORN AGAIN" MEAN IN THE BIBLE?.   With the Scripture of the Day first.

SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY – [38B]

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.  1 John 1:1  [authorized King James Bible; AV]

Here, the Apostle John inciting genuine true followers of the Son of God, Jesus (Yeshua) to consider the magnitude of Almighty God (YHWH) love for them.  As John 3:16 – 18, [AV], “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” And, 1 John 4:8, [AV], “He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.”  And 1 John 4:10, [AV], “Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.”

Clearly how does Almighty God (YHWH) love us is revealed at Psalm 100:3 – 5, [AV], “Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.  4  Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.  5  For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.”   

[2]  What Does "Born Again" Mean in the Bible?

INTRODUCTION:

Many use the term "born again" as found in John 3:3-7.   Some give it almost mythical proportions, and even refer to Acts the Tenth Chapter and Acts the Second Chapter in a vain attempt to back-up their incorrect understanding.   Now let's look at the facts.

UNDERSTANDING JOHN 3:3-7:

Many do not comprehend what 'born again' in the contest of John 3:3-7 really means, but first let's look at the scripture itself and then the explanation, "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. 4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again, " (Authorized King James Bible; Av). First as Nicodemus mentioned it does NOT mean a rebirth from a women in a physical sense. It means to be reborn in a spiritual sense and/or new relation to God (YHWH), and a remaking of your mental set and/or manner of thinking, feeling, and acting with respect to spiritual things, i.e., an undergoing a fundamental and permanent change with regard to how you view the world around you and your Creator (YHWH) and his Son, Jesus (Yeshua) whom he has put in charge of judging all of us per John 5:22, "For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son" (AV).: In other words, it is a necessary change to be considered worthy to enter the Kingdom of God (YHWH) that we pray for at Matthew 6:9-10, " After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." (AV). But remember, the Kingdom of God with respect to governing the earth as it is in heaven has not yet come as should be readily apparent to all thinking individuals as the fulfillment of the conditions mentioned at Revelation 21:1-4 has not yet taken place, "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." (AV)

One well known scholar, John Darby had this to say on this scripture, John 3:3-7,

"John Darby's Synopsis of the New Testament

John Chapter 3

But there was a man (chap. 3)-and that a Pharisee-who was not satisfied with this inoperative conviction. His conscience was reached. Seeing Jesus, and hearing His testimony, had produced a sense of need in his heart. It is not the knowledge of grace, but it is with respect to man's condition a total change. He knows nothing of the truth, but he has seen that it is in Jesus, and he desires it. He has also at once an instinctive sense that the world will be against him; and he comes by night. The heart fears the world as soon as it has to do with God; for the world is opposed to Him. The friendship of the world is enmity against God. This sense of need made the difference in the case of Nicodemus. He had been convinced like the others. Accordingly he says, "We know that thou art a teacher come from God." And the source of this conviction was the miracles. But Jesus stops him short; and that on account of the true need felt in the heart of Nicodemus. The work of blessing was not to be wrought by teaching the old man. Man needed to be renewed in the source of his nature, without which he could not see the kingdom
The things of God are spiritually discerned; and man is carnal, he has not the Spirit. The Lord does not go beyond the kingdom-which, moreover, was not the law-for Nicodemus ought to have known something about the kingdom. But He does not begin to teach the Jews as a prophet under the law. He presents the kingdom itself; but to see it, according to His testimony, a man must be born again. But the kingdom as thus come in the carpenter's Son could not be seen without a wholly new nature, it struck no chord of man's comprehension or Jews' expectation, though testimony to it was amply given in word and work: as to entering and having a part in it there is more development as to the how. Nicodemus sees no farther than the flesh.

The Lord explains Himself. Two things were necessary-to be born of water, and of the Spirit. Water cleanses. And, spiritually, in his affections, heart, conscience, thoughts, actions, etc., man lives, and in practice is morally purified, through the application, by the power of the Spirit, of the word of God, which judges all things, and works in us livingly new thoughts and affections. This is the water; it is withal the death of the flesh. The true water which cleanses in a christian way came forth from the side of a dead Christ. He came by water and blood, in the power of cleansing and of expiation. He sanctifies the assembly by cleansing it through the washing of water by the word. "Ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you." It is therefore the mighty word of God which, since man must be born again in the principle and source of his moral being, judges, as being death, all that is of the flesh.

But there is in fact the communication of a new life; that which is born of the Spirit is spirit, is not flesh, has its nature from the Spirit. It is not the Spirit-that would be an incarnation; but this new life is spirit. It partakes of the nature of its origin. Without this, man cannot enter into the kingdom. But this is not all. If it was a necessity for the Jew, who already was nominally a child of the kingdom, for here we deal with what is essential and true, it was also asovereign act of God, and consequently it is accomplished wherever the Spirit acts in this power. "So is every one that is born of the Spirit." This in principle opens the door to the Gentiles." [source -  John Darby's Synopsis of the New Testament, originally written in French and completed in 1867].

UNDERSTANDING OF ACTS 10:1-33:

Also, many seem to forget the fact that Baptism is the outward expression of an inward heartfelt change it it is to have any validity. In other words, you are publicly declaring what you already feel in your heart. This fact was clearly shown in the account of the gentile army officer at Acts 10:1-33, " There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band, 2 A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway. 3 He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius. 4 And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God. 5 And now send men to Joppa, and call for one Simon, whose surname is Peter: 6 He lodgeth with one Simon a tanner, whose house is by the sea side: he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do. 7 And when the angel which spake unto Cornelius was departed, he called two of his household servants, and a devout soldier of them that waited on him continually; 8 And when he had declared all these things unto them, he sent them to Joppa. 9 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour: 10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance, 11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: 12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. 13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. 14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. 15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. 16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven. 17 Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made enquiry for Simon's house, and stood before the gate, 18 And called, and asked whether Simon, which was surnamed Peter, were lodged there.
19 While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee. 20 Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them. 21 Then Peter went down to the men which were sent unto him from Cornelius; and said, Behold, I am he whom ye seek: what is the cause wherefore ye are come? 22 And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee. 23 Then called he them in, and lodged them. And on the morrow Peter went away with them, and certain brethren from Joppa accompanied him. 24 And the morrow after they entered into Caesarea. And Cornelius waited for them, and had called together his kinsmen and near friends. 25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him. 26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man. 27 And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together. 28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean. 29 Therefore came I unto you without gainsaying, as soon as I was sent for: I ask therefore for what intent ye have sent for me? 30 And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing, 31 And said, Cornelius, thy prayer is heard, and thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God. 32 Send therefore to Joppa, and call hither Simon, whose surname is Peter; he is lodged in the house of one Simon a tanner by the sea side: who, when he cometh, shall speak unto thee. 33 Immediately therefore I sent to thee; and thou hast well done that thou art come. Now therefore are we all here present before God, to hear all things that are commanded thee of God" (AV).

One well known scholar, John Darby had this to say on this scripture, Acts 10:1-33,
"John Darby's Synopsis of the New Testament
Acts Chapter 10
The undiminished power of Peter, his apostolic authority, in the midst of which the entrance of Cornelius into the spiritual house of God takes place, in connection with Peter's ministry, and that, after the calling of Saul, which opened a new perspective-all these facts taken together confirmed that which went before. The original work was in no wise set aside to bring in another. Nevertheless, Peter's vision did not reveal the assembly as the body of Christ, neither did the admission of Cornelius. They only shewed that in every nation he who feared God was acceptable to Him-in a word, that the favour of God was not limited to the Jews, and that there was no need of becoming a Jew in order to share the salvation that is in Christ. The oneness of the body united to its Head in heaven was not brought out by this event; but it prepared the way for the promulgation of that truth, since in fact the Gentile was admitted on earth without becoming a Jew. The thing was done on earth individually, although the doctrine itself was not taught. Repentance unto life eternal was granted to the Gentiles as such. The Holy Ghost-the seal of christian blessing among the Jews, the fruit of redemption accomplished by Jesus-was given to Gentiles as to Jews. The latter might be astonished at it; but there was no resisting God. Through grace they could praise Him for it.
From chapter 9:32 to 11:18, we find then, the power of the Spirit of God with Peter in the midst of Israel, and the admission of Gentiles into the earthly assembly, without their becoming Jews, or submitting to the ancient order which was passing away; the seal of the Spirit put upon them; and the heads of the assembly at Jerusalem, and the most ardent of the circumcision, accepting the fact as the will of God, and praising Him while submitting to it, in spite of their prejudices. The door then is open to the Gentile. This was an immense step. The precious doctrine of the assembly had yet to be announced." [source -  John Darby's Synopsis of the New Testament, originally written in French and completed in 1867].
UNDERSTANDING ACTS CHAPTER 2 AS IT RELATES TO 'BORN AGAIN'
Some bring out the fact that all those mentioned in Acts 2 & 10 were sinners as all humans, except Jesus (Yeshua), are sinners, and therefore needed forgiveness. That fact is elementary and makes me question their understanding for even bringing it up.   Of course, it is clear that those bringing up this fact lack knowledge on this subject and are as Peter 2:2 says, "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:" (AV).   This lack of understanding reflects back to what Jesus (Yeshua) said with respect his true followers being small in number.

Let's look at what the Bible says on this. First let's consider both Luke 13:24 and Matthew 7:13-14, it is in both of these that the road followed by true believers would be narrow and cramped, Luke 13:24, "Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able." (Authorized King James Bible: AV); And Matthew 7:13-14, "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, abroad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." (AV); thereby, clearly showing few would be entering the narrow gate "which leadeth unto life." In reality, it will be difficult for even true Christians to enter as testified to at 1 Peter 4:18, "And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear." (AV). In order to enter, we must have the right sort of guide, Luke 1:79, "To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace." (AV). Now, if one picks the wrong group, just because it is popular or the so called 'one to belong to in a community' and not because of Bible Truths, there is an important warning given at Matthew 15:14, "Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch." (AV). In fact, being with the wrong group can mean you are NOT having fellowship with the Son of God, Jesus (Yeshua) as testified to at 1 John 1:6, "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not [have] the truth." (AV). This danger is made abundantly clear at Luke 12:32 when Jesus (Yeshua) spoke of his true followers as a little flock and not a large one, "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." (AV). Simply stated, his true followers will be relatively few in number which should cause all sincere individuals to question whether mainstream religion with its vast membership is heading for the narrow gate!

This clearly shows those truly being 'born again' per John 3:3-7 need to have accurate knowledge, and need to let the Bible interpret itself per 2 Peter 1:19-21, "We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." (AV).

TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE BIBLE AND RELIGION, GO TO  WWW.JW.ORG

8/18/2019 11:10 am  #2214

COMBINATION OF THE SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY AND THE RARE FRUIT TREES AND VEGETABLES, Crataegus opaca   With the Scripture of the Day first.

SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY [39B]

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:  28  But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.  29  And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.  Matthew 5:27 – 29, [authorized King James Bible; AV]

Here Jesus (Yeshua) was showing that we should NOT even take the first step towards sin; not that we should literally rip out the eye.  He used this in an illustrative way to show we should stay clear of any path that could led to sin such as viewing phonographic, or violent pictures and video.  To wit, we should avoid putting ourselves in positions leading to taking the first step toward sinning.

[2]THE RARE FRUIT TREES AND VEGETABLES:
Here is a Commentary on Bountiful Trees and Vegetables God (YHWH) has provided for mankind, specifically the Crataegus opaca, Mayhaw

Abundance: uncommon
What: ripe fruit
How: raw (tart), preserves, tea
Where: woods, swamps, landscaping, abandoned areas
When: spring
Nutritional Value: very high in vitamin C and minerals

Look for Mayhaw shrubs/small trees in the nastiest swamps you can find for those will have the best-tasting fruit. They like moist, somewhat acid soils. The Big Thicket area of Texas is their ideal habitat. Mayhaws lose their leaves in the fall and remain mostly leafless even when their flowers appear in mid-winter. Being one of the many Crataegus species, their blooms and fruit resemble apples, another family member. The fruit is bright red when ripe but the flesh is soft like a plum. The seeds are tiny.

Mayhaw fruit has a wonderful tart-sweet flavor and Mayhaw jelly is a very popular treat here in Texas. The fruit are high in pectin so the jelly usually doesn't need additional pectin but if possible try a small batch first to confirm this for your fruit. The darker the fruit the more tart it will taste, which most people prefer for making jelly.

The chopped, dried fruit can be used to make a tea in the same manner as rose hip tea. The Mayhaw fruit are high in vitamin C so this tea is very nutritious.   [sourc - retrieved from   http://www.foragingtexas.com/2009/04/mayhawhawthorn.html  on  1/4/2016]

In Genesis 1:11-13, "And God said, Let the earth put forth grass, herbs yielding seed, and fruit-trees bearing fruit after their kind, wherein is the seed thereof, upon the earth: and it was so. 12 And the earth brought forth grass, herbs yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing fruit, wherein is the seed thereof, after their kind: and God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening and there was morning, a third day. (American Standard Version, ASV)[for more details, go to  www.jw.org].

View the plant at http://www.foragingtexas.com/2009/04/mayhawhawthorn.html

LEARN MORE ABOUT THE BIBLE, ITS MESSAGE FOR MANKIND AT  WWW.JW.ORG

8/21/2019 12:05 pm  #2215

COMBINATION OF [1] THE SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY AND [2] WHAT DOES AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD  MEAN?.   With the Scripture of the Day first.

[1]  SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY – [40B]

Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;  18  That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;  19  Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.  1 Timothy 6:17 – 19, [authorized King James Bible; AV]

Almighty God (YHWH) provides for us as highlighted at Psalms 145:16, [AV], “Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing.”  He created man in his image in that we had the ability or self will and were NOT governed by instinct as are the animals, this being made clear at Genesis 1:27 – 28, “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.  28  And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.”  He created us out of love, and wants us per James 4:8, [AV], “Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.”   

[2]  What Does At the Right Hand of God  Mean?

INTRODUCTION;

Some incorrectly claim this means Jesus (Yeshua) was in the position of ultimate power, but the scriptures clearly show that his Father, Almighty God (YHWH) was in the position of ultimate power.   Jesus (Yeshua) was acting as his 'right-hand-man' since that is what the ancient expression of sitting on the right hand of power meant.   Let's look at the scriptural facts.

THE SCRIPTURAL FACTS:

Lu 22:69 - (Authorized King James Bible; AV)
Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God. [clearly showing he was NOT the power or being in power, but was sitting at his right hand]

Ac 2:33 - (AV)
Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. [clearly showing he was NOT the power or being in power, but was sitting at his right hand.  The power clearly was his Father (YHWH) and also showing he had received some of his Father's (YHWH's) power or Spirit.  The Hebrew word here rendered Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, or Spirit which is translated from 'ru'ach' meaning "breath; wind; spirit."  Thus the idea that the holy spirit is the third person of a Trinity, when in fact the Bible does not support the Holy Ghost or Spirit as being a being at all, is absurd.   For example, "The Catholic Encyclopedia:" states,  "Nowhere in the Old Testament do we find any clear indication of a Third Person."   And Catholic theologian Fortman states, "The Jews never regarded the spirit as a person; nor is there any solid evidence that any Old Testament writer held this view. . . . The Holy Spirit is usually presented in the Synoptics [Gospels] and in Acts as a divine force or power."   Whereas, "The New Catholic Encyclopedia" states, "The O[ld] T[estament] clearly does not envisage God's spirit as a person . . . God's spirit is simply God's power.  If it is sometimes represented as being distinct from God, it is because the breath of Yahweh acts exteriorly."  It also states, "The majority of N[ew] T[estament] texts reveal God's spirit as something, not someone; this is especially seen in the parallelism between the spirit and the power of God."   And "A Catholic Dictionary," states, "On the whole, the New Testament, like the Old, speaks of the spirit as a divine energy or power."

Hence as can readily be seen, neither the Jews nor the early Christians viewed the holy spirit as part of a Trinity.   That teaching came centuries later. As "A Catholic Dictionary," notes: "The third Person was asserted at a Council of Alexandria in 362 . . . and finally by the Council of Constantinople of 381."   Interestingly this being approximately three and a half centuries after holy spirit filled the disciples at Pentecost!   No, the holy spirit is not a person and it is not part of a Trinity. The holy spirit is God's active force that he uses to accomplish his will. It is not equal to God but is always at his disposition and subordinate to him as clearly shown by scripture and by historical reference.

The doctrine of the Trinity was hotly debated in the 4th century and is man made.  When Luther blew the lid off the RCC that salvation is by faith and not by works, he didn't go far enough to eradicate the doctrine of the Trinity as well.  But the mainstream churches still staunchly support it, rather than giving far more credence to what the scriptures teach us - than from what has come out of man made creeds.  This false doctrine is shown false by among other things the fact that the Holy Spirit is nowhere in the Bible ever depicted as a person - but rather as a dove, John.1:32, "And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him." (AV), as a big wind and forked tongued flame at Acts 2:1-4, "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." (AV).

So we see the need to daily examine the scriptures as did the Bereans as recorded at Acts 17:11, "These were more noble than those in Thesalonica in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." (AV), do not let your guard down.  Remember Titus 2:1, "But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:" (AV).]

Ac 5:31 - (AV)
Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. [clearly showing he was NOT the power or being in power, but was sitting at his right hand of his God (YHWH), his Father because "God exalted" him to this position.]

Ac 7:55 - (AV)
But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, [clearly showing he was NOT the power or being in power, but was sitting at his right hand]

Ac 7:56 - (AV)
And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. [clearly showing he was NOT the power or being in power, but was sitting at his right hand]

Ro 8:34 - (AV)
Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. [clearly showing he was NOT the power or being in power, but was sitting at his right hand.   This scripture when it speaks of Christ "maketh intercession for us" is backed up by John 5:22, "For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:" (AV) and 1 Timothy 2:5, "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; " (AV).  Both clearly showing the Christ, NOT as God (YHWH) but at his "right hand of God" making "intercession for us."]

Col 3:1 - (AV)
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. . [clearly showing he was NOT the power or being in power, but was sitting at his right hand "Christ sitteth on the right hand of God."   This also clearly shows he, Christ, is NOT God (YHWH).]

Heb 10:12 - (AV)
But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; . [clearly showing he was NOT the power or being in power, but was sitting at his right hand.]

Heb 12:2 - (AV)
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. . [clearly showing he was NOT the power or being in power, but was sitting at his right hand "Christ sitteth on the right hand of God."   This also clearly shows he, Christ, is NOT God (YHWH).]

1Pe 3:22 - (AV)
Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him. . [clearly showing he was NOT the power or being in power, but was sitting at his right hand "Christ sitteth on the right hand of God."   This also clearly shows he, Christ, is NOT God (YHWH).  This scripture is related to what is said in 1 Corinthians 15:22-28, "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all." (AV).   Interestingly this scripture clearly proves they are two distinct entities as "For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him."  By showing that his Father, God (YHWH) put all under Christ except himself.]

TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE BIBLE AND RELIGION – BOTH TRUE AND FALSE – AT  WWW.JW.ORG

8/23/2019 10:57 am  #2216

COMBINATION OF [1]  THE SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY AND  [2] INDEPENDENT RESEARCHERS .    With the Scripture of the Day first.

[1]  SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY – [41B]

Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good  Romans 12:21  [authorized King James Bible; AV]

We all were created with a free will which often leads to do wrong, but as Romans 7:21 – 23 states, “I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.  22  For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:  23  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.”  This clearly shows that all genuine followers of Jesus (Yeshua) Christ must put up a hard fight against sin, and their own inclination to do wrong. 

[2]  Independent Researchers

INTRODUCTION:

Many do NOT understand independent researchers.   The good independent researcher goes out and investigates a subject and then writes up his/her findings in the most honest way possible.   On controversial items, the good independent researcher tries to use only neutral historical data that has long been accepted as such.   The good independent researcher avoids propaganda of one side or the other as one would avoid the plague.

I, as an independent researcher try to avoid documents slanted either Shia, Sunni, Alevia, Kurd, or what have you when writing on Islamic subjects.  Yes, I do use Hadiths of great age that have been very widely accepted, but not because they are used by either either Shia, Sunni, Alevia, Kurd, or what have you, but because they have been long regarded as historically accurate.   

THE EMPHLAR HADITH CASE:

The Sahib Bukhari Hadith is one such one as clearly shown by an encyclopedia:
<<<" The authentic collection (Arabic: ?????? ??????, al-Jaami al-Musnud al-Sahih or popularly al-Bukhari's authentic (Arabic: ???? ???????, Sahih al-Bukhari) is one of the six major Hadith collections (Hadith are oral traditions recounting events in the lives of the Islamic prophet Muhammad ). Most Sunni Muslims view this as their most trusted collection of hadith and it has been called "The most authentic book after the Qur'an     “The authentic collection (Arabic: ?????? ??????, al-Jaami al-Musnud al-Sahih or popularly al-Bukhari's authentic (Arabic: ???? ???????, Sahih al-Bukhari) is one of the six major Hadith collections (Hadith are oral traditions recounting events in the lives of the Islamic prophet Muhammad ). Most Sunni Muslims view this as their most trusted collection of hadith and it has been called "The most authentic book after the Qur'an."
These prophetic traditions were collected by the Muslim scholar Muhammad ibn Ismail al-Bukhari (810-870) and published during his lifetime. He was a scholar from Bukhara, hence the name by which he is known. Al-Bukhari belonged to the Shafi'i School [1]. He traveled widely throughout the Abbasid empire for sixteen years, collecting those traditions he thought trustworthy. It is said that al-Bukhari collected over 300,000 hadith and transmitted only the 2,602 traditions that he believed to be Sahih [2] [3] [4]
It is said that before he placed a hadith in his collection, he would perform ghusl (full\greater ritual ablution) and prayed two Rakah (Islamic unit for form of prayer) Nafl (voluntary prayer) to ask God for guidance[citation needed].
It is said that notable hadith scholars including Ahmad Ibn Hanbal 855, Ibn Main 847, and Ibn Madini 848 accepted the authenticity of his book. Therefore al-Bukhari finished his work around 846, and spent the last twenty-four years of his life visiting other cities and scholars, teaching the hadith he had collected. In every city that he visited, thousands of people would gather in the main mosque to listen to him recite traditions. Regarding Western academic doubts as to the actual date and authorship of the book that bears his name, Sunni say that notable hadith scholars of that time, such as Ahmad Ibn Hanbal (855 CE/241 AH), Ibn Main (847 CE/233 AH), and Ibn Madini (848 CE/234 AH), all accepted the authenticity of his book [1] [2]. Thus, the collections inmediate fame makes arguments regarding its being changed after the authors death highly improbable.
During this long period of twenty-four years, Bukhari made minor changes to his book, in particular its chapter headings.Each version is named by its narrator. According to Ibn Hajar Asqalani in his book Nukat, the number of hadiths in all narrations (versions) is the same. The most famous one today is the version narrated by al-Firabri (d. 932 CE/320 AH), who is a trusted student of Bukhari. Khatib al-Baghdadi in his book History of Baghdad had quoted Firabri saying: "There were about seventy thousands people have heard Sahih Bukhari with me".
Firabri is not the only transmitter of Sahih Bukhari. There were many others that narrated that book to later generations,such as Ibrahim ibn Ma'qal (d. 907 CE/295 AH), Hammad ibn Shaker (d. 923 CE/311 AH), Mansur Burduzi (d. 931 CE/319 AH),and Husain Mahamili (d. 941 CE/330 AH). There are many books that noted differences between these versions; Fath al-Bari is the most famous among them.
Commentaries
Several Muslim scholars have written full commentaries on this collection, such as:
* Fath al-Bari by Ibn Hajar Asqalani (most notably).
* Umdat al-Qari
* Irshad al-Sari by Al-Qastallani
Translations
* The Translation of the Meanings Of Sahih Al-Bukhari - by Muhsin Khan. 1984? In nine volumes with an Arabic text. ISBN 81-7151-013-2 (set)
References
1. ^ Ibn Hajar op cit
2. ^ The number of authentic hadith
3. ^ The Sciences of the Hadith: Results of Islamic Scholarship, Muslim American Society, October 9, 2003, retrieved May, 2008
External links
* Study the abridged Sahih Al Bukhari online - Delivered weekly by Shaykh Abu Yusuf Riyadh ul Haq
* Read English Translation of Sahih Al Bukhari in Mobile Phone - translated by Muhamamd Muhsin Khan and presented by SearchTruth.com
* Search any word in English Translation of Sahih Al Bukhari - translated by Muhamamd Muhsin Khan and search engine developed by SearchTruth.com
* English Translation of Sahih Al Bukhari - translated by Muhamamd Muhsin Khan
* Islamic Awareness, On The Nature Of Hadith Collections Of Imam Al-Bukhari & Muslim
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahih_al-Bukhari"
Categories" [source - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia] >>>.

I have used this Hadith due to its earliness of writing and its acceptance by more in Islam than perhaps any other Hadith, and because as a whole its historical references check out best.   

If members of Islam wish to argue about Hadiths, leave me out.   I am an independent researcher and NOT AN ARBITRATOR of Islamic belief.   Members of Islam should arbitrate this out an in no way involve objective independent researcher in their differences.   I am only interested in accuracy of historical account and nothing else.

All this nonsense with respect your differences and your violent reactions to them reminds me of the stupid 30 year war of religion in Europe between type 2 so called Christians, actually counterfeit followers of Jesus (Yeshua) in Europe in the middle ages.  I find it very dumb, and in complete violation of the Qur'an.   You all should read the Qur'an at Sura 5:13, AL-MAEDA (The Table, The Table Spread), and put it in practice:

Sura 5:13 AL-MAEDA (THE TABLE, THE TABLE SPREAD)

YUSUFALI: But because of their breach of their covenant, We cursed them, and made their hearts grow hard; they change the words from their (right) places and forget a good part of the message that was sent them, nor wilt thou cease to find them- barring a few - ever bent on (new) deceits: but forgive them, and overlook (their misdeeds): for Allah loveth those who are kind.

PICKTHAL: And because of their breaking their covenant, We have cursed them and made hard their hearts. They change words from their context and forget a part of that whereof they were admonished. Thou wilt not cease to discover treachery from all save a few of them. But bear with them and pardon them. Lo! Allah loveth the kindly.

SHAKIR: But on account of their breaking their covenant We cursed them and made their hearts hard; they altered the words from their places and they neglected a portion of what they were reminded of; and you shall always discover treachery in them excepting a few of them; so pardon them and turn away; surely Allah loves those who do good (to others).

Also, you need to do a reality check.

THE REAL REALITY:

Neither what the Bible or the Bible takeoff, the Qur'an, says really matter:

Many are just fooling themselves, it is not what either the Bible or the Bible takeoff the Qur'an actually say, but how religious leaders be they priest and/or imams or muftis or what ever teach the people is the interpretation of what is written either in the Bible or the bible takeoff the Qur'an that matters and governs actions.   It matters not what the Bible and/or the Bible takeoff really say.   People go by what they are taught by their religious leaders.   Take the genocide committed by the Roman Catholic Church at the direction of their supreme religious leader, the pope, what mattered was not that the Bible clearly said at Exodus 20:13, "Thou shalt not kill." (Authorized King James Bible; AV), but what their religious leaders told them.   Therefore, it is the religion at fault, irregardless of what their particular holy book, be it the Bible or the Bible takeoff the Qur'an may say.   Neither in so called Christianity or in Islam are most individuals actions really governed in any way by what their particular holy book really says, but they are governed by the interpretation of their religious leaders.   Thus, knowing this reality, one would be either just plain stupid and/or dumb to even bother looking at a particular religion's holy book and expect the members would conform to it.   Take the Rig Vede and find me for example a Hindu actually conforming to it instead of the interpretation given to it by his religious leaders, like looking for a needle in the haystack per K.S. Lal, India's greatest historian."

And the treatment of the Hazara by their brother members of Islam, the Sunnis is unconscionable and should be stopped - get it?  Now, what am I referring to?  Let's consider,

THE EMPLAR CASE - THE HAZARAS OF AFGHANISTAN:

Yet, the lack of love and kindness between various flavors of Islam is clearly shown in the case of the Hazara of Afghanistan and how they were/are treated by the Sunni Taliban.   Let's just look at some salient examples.   The Taliban (Sunnis) see the Hazaras as infidels, animals, and worse.   They just do not look the way Afghans should look, nor worship the way Muslims should worship per the Taliban.   A saying of the Taliban,

<<<" "Tajiks to Tajikistan, Uzbeks to Uzbekistan, and Hazaras to 'goristan, (the graveyard)" [source - February 2008, National Geographic, page 118]    ">>>

In fact the Sunni Taliban have slaughtered many Hazaras for no offense whatsoever.   The modern ill treatment of the Hazaras started in 1890 when Sunni King Abdur Rahman launched a bloody anti-Hazara program in and around Hazarajat.   To wit,

<<<" "Fueled by chauvinism, armed with fatwas from Sunni mullahs who declared the Hazaras infidels, Rahman's forces killed many thousands and took slaves from among the  survirors.  Throngs of Hazaras were driven from lowland farms up into the central highlands.   Later rulers used force, law, and manipulation to keep the Hazaras confined, physically and psychologically, to those highlands."  [source - February 2008, National Geographic, page 120]">>>

In even more modern times, the Sunni Taliban went on a killing spree against the Hazaras as follows:

<<<" "In early 2001, in the coldest day of a brutal Hazarajat winter, the horror came to the district of Yakawlang.   On January 8, the Taliban rounded up young Hazara men in Nayak, the district center.  'People were thinking they would be taken to court,' recalls Sayed Jawhar Amal, a teacher in the nearby village of Kata Khona.  'But at 8 A.M. they were killed.   All of them.'  The men were lined up and shot in public view.   When elders from Kata Khona inquired about [the] young men from their community, they were also killed.   In all, Human Rights Watch concluded, more than 170 were executed in four days.  'Because we were Shia.   That was the only reason,' says Mohsin Moisafid, 55, of Kata Khona, who lost two brothers that day."   [source - February 2008, National Geographic, page 120/121]">>>

As an independent researcher, I am appalled by it.

FOOTNOTE:

Footnote, on the Taxonomies of the two very different groups called Christian:

Group 1 - the genuine (true) followers of Jesus (Yeshua) Christ do NOT involve themselves with war and violence or meddle in politics, and try to follow to the 'letter' the words and commandments of Christ. Also, they have NO creedal doctrines and/or traditions.

Group 2 - the false claimants of being followers of Jesus (Yeshua) Christ involve themselves with war and violence and meddle in politics while falsely claiming to be followers of Christ, the Prince of Peace. The give 'lip' service with respect following to the 'letter' the words and commandments of Christ - the term Sunday Christian aptly fits them. They have their creedal doctrines and/or traditions and assign more importance to these than the Inspired Word of Almighty God (YHWH), the Bible.

So it is NOT my taxonomy but reality that sets the two groups clearly apart as separate classifications.  Also, it is not my opinion that sets the two separate groups that are called "Christians" apart, but clearly the diametrically opposed actions of the two groups.

In fact, the Inspired Word of Almighty God (YHWH), the Bible, clearly demonstrates how difficult it really is not to be mislead by the Devil and the religious leaders of evil false religions under control of the god of this system of things.  This was clearly shown by Almighty God's (YHWH's) Son, Jesus (Yeshua), in answering a question asked of him at Luke 13:23-30, "And one said unto him, Lord, are they few that are saved? And he said unto them,  24  Strive to enter in by the narrow door: for many, I say unto you, shall seek to enter in, and shall not be able.  25  When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, open to us; and he shall answer and say to you, I know you not whence ye are;  26  then shall ye begin to say, We did eat and drink in thy presence, and thou didst teach in our streets;  27  and he shall say, I tell you, I know not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.  28  There shall be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and yourselves cast forth without.  29  And they shall come from the east and west, and from the north and south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.  30  And behold, there are last who shall be first, and there are first who shall be last." (American Standard Version; ASV).

Also, Jesus (Yeshua) clearly showed his genuine (true) followers would be few in number compared to the total number of mankind.  Let's consider both Luke 13:24 and Matthew 7:13-14, it is in both of these that the road followed by true believers would be narrow and cramped, Luke 13:24, "Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able." (Authorized King James Bible: AV); And Matthew 7:13-14, "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, abroad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." (AV); thereby, clearly showing few would be entering the narrow gate "which leadeth unto life." In reality, it will be difficult for even true Christians to enter as testified to at 1 Peter 4:18, "And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear." (AV). In order to enter, we must have the right sort of guide, Luke 1:79, "To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace." (AV). Now, if one picks the wrong group, just because it is popular or the so called 'one to belong to in a community' and not because of Bible Truths, there is an important warning given at Matthew 15:14, "Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch." (AV). In fact, being with the wrong group can mean you are NOT having fellowship with the Son of God, Jesus (Yeshua) as testified to at 1 John 1:6, "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not [have] the truth." (AV). This danger is made abundantly clear at Luke 12:32 when Jesus (Yeshua) spoke of his true followers as a little flock and not a large one, "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." (AV). Simply stated, his true followers will be relatively few in number which should cause all sincere individuals to question whether mainstream religion with its vast membership is heading for the narrow gate!

Now being this is the case, it behooves all genuine (true) followers of Jesus (Yeshua) to show neighbor love and warn their neighbors of the need to seek genuine salvation and to get OUT OF EVIL FALSE RELIGION regardless of what it is called or how long their families and friends have been members of it.  This would be required by what Jesus (Yeshua) said at Matthew 22:37-40, "And he said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.  38  This is the great and first commandment.  39  And a second like unto it is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.  40  On these two commandments the whole law hangeth, and the prophets." (ASV).

We will consider how this love of neighbor requires all genuine (true) followers to warn their neighbors of evil false religion by exposing it for what it is.     

TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RELIGION AND THE BIBLE – BOTH TRUE AND FALSE – AT  WWW.JW.ORG

8/25/2019 10:04 am  #2217

COMBINATION OF  [1] THE SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY AND  [2] ANCIENT MANUSCRIPTS - CHAMPIONS OF GOD'S WORD:   With the Scripture of the Day first.

[1]  SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY [42B]

And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.  45  And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow,  46  And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.  Luke 22:44 – 46  [authorized King James Bible; AV]

Here Jesus (Yeshua) was praying incesently well knowing that he was shortly to be captured by his enemies and put to death, he was filled with grief.  However, his weary disciples fell asleep.  But Job 10:1, [AV] deals with a similar situation when Job was in deep grief as follows, “My soul is weary of my life; I will leave my complaint upon myself; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul.  2  I will say unto God, Do not condemn me; shew me wherefore thou contendest with me.  3  Is it good unto thee that thou shouldest oppress, that thou shouldest despise the work of thine hands, and shine upon the counsel of the wicked?  4  Hast thou eyes of flesh? or seest thou as man seeth?  5  Are thy days as the days of man? are thy years as man’s days,  6  That thou enquirest after mine iniquity, and searchest after my sin?  7  Thou knowest that I am not wicked; and there is none that can deliver out of thine hand.”  . 

[2] Ancient Manuscripts - Champions of God's Word:

INTRODUCTION:

When many of the well known early great Bibles such as the Douay-Rheims, the Authorized King James, the Great Bible, etc. were translated only a few ancient manuscripts were available to the translators.   These were Jerome's Latin Vulgate and the Vatican 1209.

In the beginning of the 19 th. Century higher critics sought to undermine the Bible's authority.   Many scholars were challenging the authenticity of the Bible text itself.   However, defenders of the Bible maintained that new "Champions" would arise in the form of yet undiscovered ancient Bible manuscripts that would unquestionably uphold the integrity of God's (YHWH's) word.

WHY DISCOVERY OF MORE ANCIENT MANUSCRIPTS WAS IMPORTANT:

Why would discovery of more ancient manuscripts be so important?   Simple, in manuscripts older than those extant, and not under the control of the Catholic church could be found, they would serve as silent witnesses to the purity of the Bible text.   Also, such manuscripts could uncover and expose the few places where erroneous renderings, either intentional or by human error, had crept into the text.

Some of the most vicious debates on the authenticity of the Bible raged in Germany.   This spared a young professor, Konstantin von Tischendorf, who rejected this foolish higher criticisms, to go on a search for ancient manuscripts.   His first journey in 1844 was unbelievable successful.   He found parts of an ancient copy of the Septuagint, or Greek translation of the Hebrew Scriptures in a monastery in the Sinai.

He knew there must be more and got Alexander II, Czar of Russia, to finance an expedition to find more.   He returned to the Sinai, properly financed, and returned with the remainder of the Septuagint, now known as the Codex Sinaiticus, which is still one of the oldest Bible manuscripts in existence.   The Czar also financed the translation of this remarkable find.

MORE GREAT BIBLE TREASURES COME FORTH:

Another scholar, Abraham Firkovich, a Karaite scholar was also searching for ancient manuscripts among his people, the Karaites.   The Karaites who were descendents of Jews exiled to Babylon after the conquest of Jerusalem by the Babylon's who eventually migrated to the Crimea region on the shores of the Black Sea.   They rejected the Talmud, but emphasized the reading of the scriptures.   The Crimean Karaites were eager to present to the Czar proof of their distinctness from rabbinic Jews.

Their champion, Abraham Firkovich, undertook his search among his fellow Karaites who had a custom of never destroying worn-out copies of the scriptures that contained the Tetragrammaton, the four consonant (YHWH) divine name.   Instead, they carefully preserved them in genizah, which means 'hiding place" in ancient Hebrew because of their deep respect for the divine name.

Abraham Kirkovich started a search of all manuscripts in genizahs, many having been there for centuries, and he amassed a great collection which numbered a staggering 2,412 items.   This collection included 975 manuscripts and scrolls.

One of these manuscripts is today called the Petersburg Codex of the Latter Prophets and is one of the oldest existent copies of the Hebrew Scriptures.   Another was the renown Leningrad Codex - B19a, which is the world's oldest copy of the complete Hebrew Scriptures, and is sometimes called the single most important manuscript of the Old Testament since it has been used as the guide and/or central text for most modern critical editions of the Hebrew Bible, such as Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (BHS), Kittel's Biblia Hebraica (KBH), American Standard Version (ASV), New World Translation (NWT), the New English Bible (NEB), An American Translation (AAT), etc.

WHERE ARE THESE ITEMS TODAY?

Most of these documents are now basically located in the Manuscript room of the National Library of Russian in Saint Petersburg or the British Museum.    Indeed we owe a lot to Konstantin von Tischendorf, Abraham Firkovich, and Alexander II, Czar of Russian [sources - article by Klaus-Zehnder-Tischendorf in 2002, translation of Spamers Illustriete Weltgeschichte - Leipzig 1898, Encyclopedia Britannica Online, Encyclopedia on Protestant Christianity: Biographies, the Jewish Encyclopedia, The Karaite Encyclopedia (Frankfort 1995) by Nathan Schur, JTS - The Library - http://www.jtsa.edu/library/news/btl/btl_12_1.shtml (Library of the Jewish Theological Seminary).

8/27/2019 11:55 am  #2218

COMBINATION OF  [1] THE SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY AND  [2] WHAT IS AND IS NOT A CREED:   With the Scripture of the Day first.

[1]  SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY [43B]

Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.  Romans 12:17  [authorized King James Bible; AV]

Vengence does not belong to us, but belongs to Almighty God (YHWH) as brought out at Romans 12:19, [AV] “Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.”  And this same Biblical thought is also stated at Deuteronomy 32:35 – 36, [AV] “To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.  36  For the LORD shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that their power is gone, and there is none shut up, or left.” 

Almighty God (YHWH) goes on at Deuteronomy 32:41, [AV] “If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.”  Clearly showing that He plans to deal with all who hate Him in His own due time.
However, the righteous should not fear as He clearly shows how benefits will occur for the righteous at Deuteronomy 32:43, [AV] “Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.”   

[2] What Is And Is Not A Creed:

INTRODUCTION:

Many do not understand just what a 'creed' is in the religious sense.    They look at a dictionary and read, "a system of belief and/or principles," and wrongly apply it to individuals and groups who believe only in the Bible, and NOT is some man made system of beliefs.    But the word as clearly shown by its usage and etymology when used in a religious sense specifically applies to manmade systems of beliefs.    In fact, many of these major manmade beliefs are even followed by the word 'creed' as part of their name such as Athanasian Creed, Athanasian Creed, etc. none of which appear in the Bible.    Interestingly, the word 'creed' does not even appear at all in most versions/translations of the Bible in any form, but the warning against such manmade dogma does at 2 Corinthians 4:4 and elsewhere, "in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should not dawn [upon them]." (American Standard Version; ASV).

LET'S EXAMINE THE FACTS:

FIRST, The Bible, like a car repair manual,  of course is an interrelated set of information, but neither are creeds as clearly shown by the dictionary:

"The American Heritage(r) Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition.  2000.

creed 

PRONUNCIATION:

krd

NOUN:

1. A formal statement of religious belief; a confession of faith. 2. A system of belief, principles, or opinions: laws banning discrimination on the basis of race or creed; an architectural creed that demanded simple lines."

ETYMOLOGY:

Middle English crede, from Old English crda, from Latin crd, I believe. See credo. 

A creed is a formal statement of religious belief or a confession of faith and the connotation being with a formal belief, not a book.

To prove my point, there are approximately 22,000 groups claiming to be Christian and to accept the Bible, but everyone of them is different from every other one.   This variance clearly rules out stating that the Bible is in any way a system of beliefs, but clearly shows it as the Creator's (YHWH's) manual for our guidance every bit as much as a car repair manual is a guidance for the car mechanic.  As I clearly stated previously, I have no creed, but follow the Bible, God's (YHWH's) manual for our guidance and direction, all the way, not halfway as the many creeds do that establish a manmade system of beliefs with a formal statement, i.e., the Trinity, apostolic succession, ever virginity of Mary, etc. nowhere supported in any way by the manual.  The Bible, The Bible is entirely consistent - both the New Testament & the Old Testament - and is entirely practical for our day; whereas, creeds are man made entities and systems of beliefs that do NOT win God's (YHWH's) approval per 2 Corinthians 4:4, "in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should not dawn [upon them]." (American Standard Version; ASV).

SECOND,  The word creed clearly is to be applied to those formalized beliefs of a religious organization that are in excess and/or above those expressed in God's (YHWH's) manual for mankind, the Bible, is clearly shown in the definition given for 'creeds' in the Catholic Encyclopedia,

Latin credo, I believe).

In general, a form of belief. The work, however, as applied to religious belief has received a variety of meanings, two of which are specially important. (1) It signifies the entire body of beliefs held by the adherents of a given religion; and in this sense it is equivalent doctrine or to faith where the latter is used in its objective meaning. Such is its signification in expressions like "the conflict of creeds", "charitable works irrespective of creed", "the ethics of conformity of creed", etc. (2) In a somewhat narrower sense, a creed is a summary of the principal articles of faith professed by church or community of believers. Thus by the "creeds of Christendom" are understood those formulations of the Christian faith which at various times have been drawn up and accepted by one or the other of the Christian churches. The Latins designate the creed in this sense by the name symbolum which means either a sign (symbolon) or a collection (symbole). A creed, then, would be the distinctive mark of those who hold a given belief, or a formula made up of the principal articles of that belief. A "profession of faith" is enjoined by the Church on special occasions, as at the consecration of a bishop; while the phrase "confession of faith" is commonly applied to Protestant formularies, such as the "Augsburg Confession", the "Confession of Basle", etc. It should be noted, however, that the role of Faith is not identical with creed, but, in its formal signification, means the norm or standard by which one ascertains what doctrines are to be believed. 

This fact or difference is also emphasized in Irivng Hexham's Concise Dictionary of Religion, first published by InterVarsity Press, Carol Stream, USA, 1994, second edition, Regent College Press, Vancouver, 1999.

CREED: from the Latin credo: "I believe." Creeds are a distinctive feature of CHRISTIANITY. Athough well developed creeds do not occur in the BIBLE, rather rudimentary creedal forms found there provide models for later statements; e.g. Deuteronomy 26:5-9; 1 Corinthians 15:3-5; Romans 1:3-4; and 10:9-10. In CHRISTIAN HISTORY three creeds have achieved particular prominence: (1) the APOSTLES' creed was supposedly written by the Apostles; (2) the NICENE creed which embodies in altered form, and without the anathemas, the CHRISTOLOGICAL teaching of the Council of Nicaea adopted in answer to ARIANISM and probably rests on creeds from Jerusalem and Antioch; (3) commonly called the ATHANASIAN creed and is popularly attributed to ATHANASIUS but it is thought to be a fourth or fifth century Canticle of unknown authorship. As a direct statement of Trinitarian belief it became the test of ORTHODOXY and competence of the clergy in the West from the seventh century on. The REFORMERS valued it highly while the ANGLICANS made liturgical use of it. But the Eastern, or GREEK ORTHODOX CHURCH, refused to recognize it.

This fact is clearly shown in what the Religious Tolerance.Org says about the word 'Catholic.'

Catholic: This came from the Greek word Katholikos which means "throughout the whole" or "universal." This implies a world-wide faith, rather than a local one. The Nicene Creed, recited in the churches of many Christian denominations, speaks of "one holy catholic and apostolic church."  Many faith groups refer to themselves as Catholic: the Roman Catholic Church, centered in the Vatican; Anglo-Catholics (within the Anglican Communion); and Evangelical Catholics (among Lutherans).

And this fact that the concept 'creed' belongs to belief systems made by man is emphasized by several entries in Encyclopedia.com as follows:

1.creed creed [Lat. credo=I believe], summary of basic doctrines of faith. The following are historically important Christian creeds. 1 The Nicene Creed, beginning, I believe in one God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible, and in one Lord Jesus Christ?...?. It is usually desc...

Related: Christian

2.Nicene Creed Nicene Creed: see creed. ...

Related: Christian

3.Athanasian Creed Athanasian Creedathena´zhen, exact, elaborate Roman Catholic statement on the Trinity and the Incarnation. It is no longer believed to have been written by Athanasius, but rather by an unknown Western author of the 6th cent. An English translation appears in the English Book of Common Prayer. It is sometimes called Qu...

Related: Roman Catholic

4.Nicaea, First Council of Nicaea, First Council of, 325, 1st ecumenical council, convened by Roman Emperor Constantine the Great to solve the problems raised by Arianism. It has been said that 318 persons attended, but a more likely number is 225, including every Eastern bishop of importance, four Western bishops (among them Hosius of Córdoba,...

Related: Roman Catholic Council

CONCLUSION:

As can readily be seen the word 'creed' when related to the subject of religion applies strictly to manmade system of beliefs and/or principles, and these often contain the word 'creed' within their name.    They are first and last NOT Bible teachings, nor are they based on them, but are the work product of humans, both groups and individuals.

8/29/2019 12:00 pm  #2219

COMBINATION OF [1]  THE SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY AND [2] DISCOURSE ON BAPTISM.   
With the Scripture of the Day first.

[1]  SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY – [44B]

Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;  4  Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;  5  Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s.  Psalms 103:3 – 5,  [authorized King James Bible; AV]

Almighty God (YHWH) is quick to forgive all inequities if one is genuine remorseful for his/her wrong doing.  This is made clear at Psalms 103:8 – 13, [AV], “The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.  9  He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.  10  He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.  11  For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.  12  As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.  13  Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.”  This fact about Him is made abundantly clear at Psalms 30:5, [AV], “For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.”   

[2]  Discourse on Baptism:

PART 1 - Necessary Step of Obedience for All Followers of Jesus

It is necessary for all followers of Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves) to be baptized as clearly shown by the scriptures:

This was shown by the example of Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves) getting baptized by John the Baptist in the Jordan river, "13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. 14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? 15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." (Matthew 3:13-17 AV). We are told, " For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:" (1 Peter 2:21 AV).

He told his followers to, "19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." (Matthew 28:19-20 AV). And the Apostle Peter stated, "44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days." (Acts 10:44-48 AV). And "" But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women." (Acts 8:12 AV)

PART 2 - Complete Immersion Required

On baptism, the Bible clearly shows that it should be by complete immersion and not by sprinkling. This is clearly shown as follows, "8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost. 9 ¶ And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. 10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: 11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 12 And immediately the Spirit driveth him into the wilderness." (Mark 1:8-12 AV). This was further highlighted "22 ¶ After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized." (John 3:23 AV). As can be seen, baptizing was always carried out near a significant body of water "36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? 37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. 38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. 39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing." (Acts 8:36-39 AV).

Now with Jesus being baptized as a necessary step of obedience to this Father (YHWH) and to open the way for his followers to do the will of him who sent him "13 ¶ Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. 14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? 15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." Therefore we should clearly follow his example and be baptized by full immersion in water if we are to accept the calling of Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves) " For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:" (1 Peter 2:21 AV), "19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." (Matthew 28:19-20 AV), " And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days." (Acts 10:48 AV), " But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women." (Acts 8:12 AV).

Now, you will note, they were to be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and the Holy Ghost; therefore, it is important to know their names.

PART 3 - For A Valid Baptism One's Life Must Harmonize With Bible Standards

Before one gets baptized, he should first repent of his/her past wrong doings, " Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38 AV). You must put away, "22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness." (Ephesians 4:22-24 AV).

Last, we must turn away from deviant sexual appetite and sexual lust and cease being children of disobedience, "5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: 6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: 7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. 8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. 9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; 10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:" (Colossians 3:5-10 AV).

PART 4 - The Purpose of Baptism

Many individuals have the wrong impression about the purpose of Baptism. They feel its purpose is to wash away one's sins, but that is incorrect. To fully understand the need for baptism, we must remember that, " And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission." (Hebrews 9:22 AV); that Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves), " Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:" (1 Peter 2:22 AV); " And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan." (Mark 1:9 AV). These three scriptures highlight that Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves) deemed it proper to get baptized, and clearly he was without sin; therefore, baptism can not be for the remission of sins, it must have another purpose.

Then, what is it for? Its purpose is to symbolize one's dying to his/her former course of life and of his/her dedication to hence forth do the will of God. " Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed." (1 Peter 2:24 AV) clearly shows that after baptism we are to live unto righteousness.

Therefore, the common practice of infant baptism is just as unscriptural as is baptism by sprinkling since complete immersion is a requirement as previously shown. It is necessary to embrace his words and an infant is not capable of doing so, " Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls." (Acts 2:41 AV), this is further emphasized by, " But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women." (Acts 8:12 AV), and by "21 ¶ Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, 22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased. 23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli," (Luke 21-23 AV).

PART 5 - Baptizing In The Name Of The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit

This section dealing with the command, " Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" (Matthew 28:19 AV). Most individuals are familiar with this scripture, but few understand the reason for baptizing this way.

Subpart - In the Name of the Father

This is necessary as it is recognizing the office or authority of Almighty God (YHWH) who created everything and who has always existed per Psalms 90:2. This is made clear, " That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH [(YHWH)], art the most high over all the earth." (Psalms 83:18 AV), which clearly shows that he is "the most high over all the earth." And he is the source of live as stated, " For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light." (Psalms 36:9 AV)

He, Almighty God (YHWH), is the creator of all things, " And Hezekiah prayed before the LORD, and said, O LORD God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; thou hast made heaven and earth." (2 Kings 19:15 AV), and " For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us." (Isaiah 33:22 AV).

Subpart - In The Name of the Son

This is necessary as it is recognizing the office or authority of the Son, Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves) who is the only begotten son and the first of creation by his Father (YHWH). His Father (YHWH) exalted him to a position only second only to himself, "9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2:9-11 AV). And, he was given, " And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS." (Revelation 19:16 AV)

He proved faithful to his Father (YHWH), " And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood," (Revelation 1:5 AV); therefore, he became, "9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; 10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec." (Hebrews 5:9-10 AV).

And, last but not least, he became, "" For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" (1 Timothy 2:5 AV), and " And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel." (Hebrews 12:24 AV)

Subpart - In The Name of the Holy Spirit

This is necessary to recognize the function or activity of the Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost). This is God's (YHWH's) active force that goes forth or emanates from Almighty God (YHWH). One of its functions is to act as a Comforter to mankind, " But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." (John 14:26 AV), "16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." (John 14:16-17 AV).

It is the Creator's (YHWH's) force for getting things accomplished, " And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:" (Ephesians 6:17 AV), " But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God." (1 Corinthians 2:10 AV).

God (YHWH) pours out his active force onto his followers, "28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit." (Joel 2:28-29 AV), and also caused inspired individuals to " For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." (2 Peter 1:21 AV).

Subpart - Warning

Baptism in the name of an organization or church is not in accord with the Word of God.

TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE BIBLE AND RELIGIOUS – BOTH TRUE AND FALSE – AT  WWW.JW.ORG

8/31/2019 3:10 pm  #2220

COMBINATION OF THE SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY AND THE RARE FRUIT TREES AND VEGETABLES - Lowveld milkberry Manilkara mochisia   With the Scripture of the Day first.

SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY – [45B]

We love him, because he first loved us.  1 John 4:19  [authorized King James Bible; AV]

We learn the best by example and Almighty God (YHWH) showed this by loving us while we were yet siners.  He showed this by his great sacrifice for all obedient mankind recorded at Romans 5:6 - 10, [AV] “For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.  7  For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.  8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  9  Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.  10  For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.”  And as 1 John 5:9 – 10, [AV] put it, “In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.  10  Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.”   

[2] THE RARE FRUIT TREES AND VEGETABLES - Lowveld milkberry Manilkara mochisia
Here is a Commentary on Bountiful Trees and Vegetables God (YHWH) has provided for mankind, specifically the Lowveld milkberry Manilkara mochisia

Grows to be a 30 feet tall tree. Rough blackish bark, simple leaves crowded at ends of thickened spurs, small profuse green-yellow flowers, fleshy fruit, food plant. Sow Spring. Zone 10  (source - retrieved from   http://www.seedman.com/fruit.htm  on  //2013)

Bole: Small/medium. Bark: Brownish grey/blackish with longitudinal fissures. Slash: NR. Leaf: Simple. Alternate. Terminal rosettes on short shoots. Petiole: 0.2 - 1.2 cm. Lamina: Small. 2 - 7 × 0.3 - 3 cm. Elliptic-obovate/obovate. Cuneate. Obtuse/emarginate. Entire. Glabrous/hairy on lower surface. Domatia: Absent. Glands: Absent. Stipules: Present. Thorns & Spines: Thorns and spines: Absent. Flower: Axillary. White to pale yellow. Fruit: Yellow. Red edible pulp when mature.  (source - retrieved from   http://eol.org/pages/1154579/details  on  4/3/2013)

An African native sapote with small, yellow, reportedly edible fruits. Very little information is available about this species and it is uncommon outside of its native range. Tree, growing to 25-35 feet. Has ornamental leaves, furry, and arranged in distinct rosettes. Likely not freeze hardy.  (source - retrieved from   http://www.tradewindsfruitstore.com/servlet/the-2365/Manilkara-mochisia--dsh--Lowveld/Detail  on  4/3/2013)

In Genesis 1:11-13, "And God said, Let the earth put forth grass, herbs yielding seed, and fruit-trees bearing fruit after their kind, wherein is the seed thereof, upon the earth: and it was so. 12 And the earth brought forth grass, herbs yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing fruit, wherein is the seed thereof, after their kind: and God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening and there was morning, a third day. (American Standard Version, ASV)[for more details, go to  www.jw.org].

View plant and fruit and see comparison to other fruits at,  https://www.google.com/search?q=Lowveld+milkberry+Manilkara+mochisia&hl=en&client=firefox&hs=lDp&sa=N&rls=com.yahoo:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=kX9cUZ6iB4e_0QG-44HYDg&ved=0CHcQsAQ4Cg&biw=1280&bih=854

LEARN MORE ABOUT THE BIBLE AND RELIGION – BOTH TRUE AND FALSE – AT   WWW.JW.ORG

Board footera